We understand the importance of dispositions to enhance investment performance and “lock in” realized gains. Over the years, we have executed hundreds of timberland sales (partial portfolio liquidations) as well as several full portfolio dispositions. Timberland sales are triggered when the return from selling is significantly higher than the projected, risk-adjusted return from holding the property for timber production. The knowledge required for consistently sound decisions on when, where and how to sell is a core competency of FIA.
- Our disposition strategy is initially developed at the time a property is acquired and is continually modified as market conditions and client needs change.
- We acquire high-quality properties which provide additional liquidity with a broad universe of potential buyers.
- When evaluating dispositions, we not only consider land and timber, but also mineral rights, conservation uses, entitlements and other land ownership rights.
- We employ experienced timberland sale professionals and also utilize a large network of third-party real estate brokers.
- In addition to timber values, FIA’s portfolio managers work with staff foresters, analysts and other specialists to identify and create value-added opportunities related to natural resources (oil and gas, minerals, mitigation banking, carbon trading, etc.) and other compatible uses (telecommunications towers, wind farms, road and utility easements, etc.).
- FIA maintains a large network of consultants, engineers and land planners that are used on an as-needed basis to assist with project development and implementation.